Thought Leadership and Practical Guidance for Boards
NACD materials help directors to increase their personal effectiveness and to elevate the performance of their full boards. The scope of our research includes the work of primary board committees, covers emerging business issues and their board implications, and addresses the shifting corporate governance expectations of both regulators and investors. Leading insights from our research directly inform the content of NACD’s education programs and advisory services.
Key features of NACD research include:
- Blue Ribbon Commission Reports: Annual NACD signature publications that propose new principles and practices to address the most critical boardroom issues. Recent examples include the role of the board in long-term value creation and talent development.
- Governance Benchmarking Surveys: Annual survey-based reports that benchmark key board governance practices. Recent examples include the 2017-2018 public company governance survey and the 2017 director compensation survey.
- Director Handbooks: Topic-specific publications that offer practical guidance to strengthen director oversight. Recent examples include cyber-risk oversight and governing the global company.
- Director Essentials: Foundational guides that offer a short overview of core board roles and responsibilities on a specific issue. Recent examples include director oversight of compliance and preparing for the proxy season.
- Resource Centers: Online portals curating our most relevant and up-to-date content about key board governance and business issues. Recent examples include cybersecurity and board diversity.