Board Advisory Services
NACD Governance Reviews provide an in-depth analysis of an organization’s governance structure, processes, and drivers. Our Director Certified Faculty will review your current practices and share opportunities for improvement or refinement based on NACD’s recommended best practices.
Depending on the scope of the engagement and giving consideration to its desired outcomes, NACDʼs faculty may inventory your boardʼs structure, processes, documents, communications, and practices. When complete, they will assess these results of the against NACDʼs researched and recommended best practices. The assessment findings can be compiled into a detailed report and presented to the full board during an interactive discussion if requested.
NACDʼs provided exemplary service and professionalism within tight deadlines. NACDʼS faculty was a great fit for our unique multinational organization.
CEO, Young Presidents’ Organization
Sample Scope of Review
- Review documents such as bylaws, governance guidelines, committee charters, and minutes.
- Interview directors and executives to assess the quality of boardroom communications.
- Attend and observe dynamics, practices, and effectiveness of board and committee meetings.
- Report on how your company aligns or varies from leading governance practices.
- Deliver results highlighting key findings and recommended next steps.
- Provides an objective, credible, and unbiased analysis: use the review findings and recommendations from NACD, the authority on governance practices with more than 40 years of experience, to influence positive governance change.
- Provides practical guidance: concrete action steps establish a path for continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates strategic commitment: an NACD governance review demonstrates to stakeholders a commitment to strategic alignment and governance excellence.
- Earns NACD Fellowship® credits: Show your dedication to strategic alignment and governance excellence.