Board Insights Portal
2016–2017 NACD Private Company Governance Survey
Governance in Investor-Owned Private Companies
Director Essentials: Understanding Nonfinancial Metrics
Access NACD's Library of Board Resources
Insights on Board Topics
- Cyber-Risk Oversight
- Board Diversity
- Preparation for Proxy Season
- Strategy Development and Long-Term Value Creation
- Board-Shareholder Engagement
- M&A Oversight
- Private Company Governance
- Director Liability
- Corporate Governance Standards
- Risk Oversight
- Compliance and Ethics Oversight
- Emerging Issues
- Director Onboarding
- The Role of the General Counsel/Corporate Secretary
- Board Dynamics and Operations
- Board Evaluations
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility
Governance Benchmarking by Company Type
- 2015-2016 Public Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Family Business Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Investor-Owned Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Employee-Owned Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Nonprofit Company Benchmarks
- 2016-2017 Public Company Benchmarks
- 2016-2017 Director Compensation Benchmarks
- 2016-2017 Private Company Benchmarks
This Director FAQ discusses the audit committee’s role in providing oversight for the independent auditor, followed by specifics with respect to hiring and compensating the independent auditor and reviewing the auditor’s work.
Rapid7 CEO and President Corey Thomas outlines what directors need to know about the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that goes into effect in May 2018.
Full-board and individual-director evaluations are mandatory for many boards. NACD highlights some of the best resources to help boards succeed during evaluation season.
COSO has released its updated framework on enterprise risk management, and it’s time for companies to take a fresh look at their risk management practices. Boards should urge their executives to consider the COSO framework when evaluating the company's ERM approach.
As companies collect more customer and employee data, NACD’s latest FAQ assists boards in understanding key regulatory developments around data privacy and providing oversight for data privacy programs.