Board Insights Portal
Governance Challenges 2018: Board-Shareholder Engagement in the New Investor Environment
Director FAQ: What Boards Should Know About the GDPR
2017–2018 Director Compensation Report
Access NACD's Library of Board Resources
Insights on Board Topics
- Cyber-Risk Oversight
- Board Diversity
- Preparation for Proxy Season
- Strategy Development and Long-Term Value Creation
- Board-Shareholder Engagement
- M&A Oversight
- Private Company Governance
- Director Liability
- Corporate Governance Standards
- Risk Oversight
- Compliance and Ethics Oversight
- Emerging Issues
- Director Onboarding
- The Role of the General Counsel/Corporate Secretary
- Board Dynamics and Operations
- Board Evaluations
- Sustainability and Social Responsibility
- CEO Succession Planning & Talent Oversight
Governance Benchmarking by Company Type
- 2015-2016 Public Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Family Business Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Investor-Owned Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Employee-Owned Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Nonprofit Company Benchmarks
- 2016-2017 Public Company Benchmarks
- 2016-2017 Private Company Benchmarks
- 2017-2018 Public Company Benchmarks
- 2017-2018 Director Compensation Benchmarks
This Director FAQ explains the growth of the proxy advisory firm industry, the main players in the market, their voting policies, and how issuers can engage proxy advisors regarding their voting recommendations.
This Director FAQ will help directors engage in dialogue with management about data protection and understand what the board can do to strengthen its oversight of GDPR compliance.
"Governance is messy because that is life." Edward Waitzer dives into the philosophy of corporations and systems theory to get at the purpose behind governance today.
It is essential that directors adequately plan for CEO succession and that they choose a successor who can carry out the company’s future strategy. In a meeting convened by NACD last fall, Fortune 500 board committee chairs discussed three insights related to succession planning.
Insight for corporate directors and senior executives into the major business and governance issues likely to demand board focus over the coming year.