Governance Challenges 2021–2022: Digital Transformation Oversight
In brief: As companies round the end of 2021, one constant is sure to remain into the new year: the rapid pace of digital transformation. Boards of companies that have been slow to mature in this area were thrown into the digital-transformation-oversight “deep end” in March 2020 when COVID-19 landed on our shores. In 2021, boards were able to reflect on how they are doing, and they are now ready to get ahead of the challenges in 2022.
To help our members meet these challenges, NACD has produced the 2021–2022 edition of Governance Challenges in collaboration with four of our strategic-content partners—Heidrick & Struggles, Marsh McLennan, Pearl Meyer, and Sidley Austin LLP. This latest edition of Governance Challenges provides specific guidance to directors on how to transform their own board’s digital operations, incentivize the right talent to drive digital maturity, gauge the success of complex automated technology operations, oversee the development of privacy compliance systems, and more.
This resource provides your board with valuable insights:
- Understand how other boards are making time on their agendas for digital transformation oversight.
- Identify the type of talent that will be required on the board to oversee digital business.
- Gather lessons from smart manufacturing companies that lead to improved risk oversight in other types of companies.
- Explore strategies for compensating great leaders who are ready to weave technology advancements and concerns into expanded value for companies.
- Guide management toward developing a strong privacy and cybersecurity compliance program before an incident occurs.
Most relevant audiences: Board chairs, lead directors, CEOs, general counsel, compensation committee members, nominating and governance committee members, risk committee members