Board Advisory Services
Ongoing Advisory Services
NACD works closely with a select group of members on extended engagements for advisory and coaching support situations. Ongoing advisory services allow members to continue to receive coaching and guidance from an NACD Directorship Certified® faculty member, sitting director, and governance expert.
We begin with a planning call between the NACD team and designated board representatives to set expectations and goals. This is an opportunity to review the goals of the project, align priorities, and determine the sequencing of the next steps. The member can consult telephonically with the NACD faculty on board-governance matters as determined by the scope of the project for up to 15 hours a month. Supplementary services, such as in-person consultation, attendance at board meetings, governance reviews, etc., can be combined with the ongoing advisory services to further enhance the projectʼs goals.
NACD is an essential component of our board’s continuing education and development, and our effort to operate as a strategic-asset board.
Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Somos Inc.
Sample Retainer Projects
- Strategic planning and strategy development
- CEO/C-suite succession planning
- Director onboarding
- Committee restructuring
- Board/committee leadership onboarding, coaching, and mentoring
- Continuous support and guidance: receive ongoing mentorship and coaching from a sitting director and governance expert.
- Concrete action plan: develop a clear road map to achieve short- and medium-term goals that fuel long-term strategy.