2018 Governance Outlook: Projections on Emerging Board Matters
In brief: The 2018 Governance Outlook: Projections on Emerging Board Matters is NACD’s first publication of its kind, designed to give corporate directors and senior executives a comprehensive overview of major business and governance issues likely to demand board focus over the coming year. The report includes six partner contributions—from AIG, Deloitte, Grant Thornton LLP, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP, Palo Alto Networks, and Spencer Stuart—that provide distinct insights and projections on the following themes: business risks, board evolution, litigation, workforce disruption, and cybersecurity.
Boards can use this resource to
- highlight critical business risks that may impact the current and future strategy;
- encourage more predictive risk management;
- reexamine their corporate governance practices and board composition prior to proxy season;
- evaluate D&O liability insurance options in order to protect directors’ personal assets;
- compare disclosure practices with peer companies to reduce liability;
- embrace digital technology and change how people view work and business;
- familiarize themselves with changing regulation regarding cyberattacks; and
- implement defense strategies to combat cyber threats.
Most relevant audiences: board chairs, CEOs, strategy committees, nominating and governance committee members, and risk committee members