The Sales Executive focuses on driving new member growth beyond NACD’s existing 19,000 members and 1,300 Full Board members. Focuses on selling primarily into C-Suite Executives and Board Directors at public companies within their territory. The Sales Executive conducts consultative conversations to understand critical challenges Boards are facing and educates them on how NACD can support them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies key trends in board governance within their respective industries and collaborates with Member Engagement, Marketing, and Research to leverage and utilize
- Utilizes Challenger sales methodology to drive growth for NACD
- Owns the end to end sales process and customizes the correct product offering for each potential new member
- Conducts strategic and targeted ongoing outreach based on territory segmentation and prioritization
- Qualifies and replies to inbound marketing leads within territory in a timely manner
- Continuously learns about news, events, and trends in the corporate governance space through NACD offerings and conducts self-research
- Travels to three to four NACD events per year to support continuous learning and interact with potential clients (total of two to three weeks travel per year)
- Maintains an accurate record of interactions and pipeline with potential new members in Salesforce
- Accurately records and transitions key information learned during the sales process to Marketing, Member Engagement, and Research
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree plus five years of experience in inside sales and/or relationship building is required. Must have experience working in an office. Must demonstrate dynamic reporting skills, strong analytical skills, attention to detail and deadlines, excellent time management skills, and outstanding verbal and written communication. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Salesforce and Domo is a plus.
If interested, submit your cover letter and résumé to Matt Barone at careers@NACDonline.org.