NACD Celebrates 2022 NACD Directorship 100™ Honorees: Lifetime Achievement Award, Directors of the Year, and the 2022 Directorship 100 List
The 16th Annual Awards Gala Celebrates “Most Influential” Directors and Governance Professionals
WASHINGTON, DC – (June 27, 2022) – The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), the authority on boardroom practices representing more than 23,000 board members, celebrated honorees of the 2022 NACD Directorship 100™, an annual recognition of the leading corporate directors, corporate governance experts, policymakers, and influencers who significantly impact boardroom practices and performance.
Honorees were recognized at the 2022 NACD Directorship 100 Awards Gala, a black-tie event held on June 22 at Cipriani 42nd Street in New York City. Remarks were given by Peter R. Gleason, NACD president and CEO, and John Rodi, Financial Services audit partner and leader, KPMG Board Leadership Center. Presenting the B. Kenneth West Lifetime Achievement Award to Linda Fayne Levinson was Steve Demetriou, chair and CEO of Jacobs.
“This year’s honorees have demonstrated their individual excellence in governance by serving their organizations and communities during the most challenging of times,” said Gleason. “These directors’ continual accomplishments and integrity inspire others with their dedication to amplifying board leadership.”
The B. Kenneth West Lifetime Achievement Award is bestowed annually upon a director who demonstrates exceptional achievements throughout the full scope of their board career—including dedication to the improvement of corporate governance practices—and excellent leadership.
Public Company Director of the Year, Private Company Director of the Year, and Nonprofit Director of the Year are awarded for outstanding recent achievements in public, private, and nonprofit board service. These awardees exemplify NACD’s principles of director professionalism: integrity, mature confidence, informed judgment, and high-performance standards.
- NACD 2022 B. Kenneth West Lifetime Achievement Award: Linda Fayne Levinson, Chair, Clearpath Robotics; Chair, AZA Finance; Chair, WNDYR; and Independent Director, Nate, PDC Wellness and Generation You, Employed. (Previous roles: Chair, Hertz; Lead Independent Director, Jacobs and NCR; Director, Western Union and Ingram Micro).
- NACD 2022 Directorship 100 Directors of the Year:
- Public Company Director: James L. Singleton, Independent Lead Director, Wesco International, and Chair and CEO, Cürex Group Holdings
- Private Company Director: Loretta A. Penn, Chair, Virginia Ready Initiative; Lead Director, Board of Managers, North Highland; and Director, ZRG Partners and Toffler Associates
- Nonprofit Director: Beth E. Mooney, Chair, Cleveland Clinic; Trustee, Cleveland Orchestra; and Director, Accenture, AT&T, and Ford Motor Co.
The 2022 Directorship 100 list of honorees includes peer-nominated leading directors and governance professionals.
Visit the 2022 Directorship 100 Director and Governance Professional Honorees page to view the full listing.
For more than 40 years, NACD has been on the leading edge of corporate governance, setting standards of excellence that have elevated board performance. NACD arms today’s directors with insights and education that drive their mission forward, while preparing a new generation of boardroom leaders to meet tomorrow’s biggest challenges. NACD is a community of more than 23,000 directors driven by a common purpose: to be trusted catalysts of economic opportunity and positive change—in businesses and in the communities they serve. To learn more about NACD, visit nacdonline.org.