Board Insights Portal
2016–2017 NACD Private Company Governance Survey
Governance in Investor-Owned Private Companies
Director Essentials: Understanding Nonfinancial Metrics
Access NACD's Library of Board Resources
Insights on Board Topics
- Cyber-Risk Oversight
- Board Diversity
- Preparation for Proxy Season
- Strategy Development and Long-Term Value Creation
- Board-Shareholder Engagement
- M&A Oversight
- Private Company Governance
- Director Liability
- Corporate Governance Standards
- Risk Oversight
- Compliance and Ethics Oversight
- Emerging Issues
- Director Onboarding
- The Role of the General Counsel/Corporate Secretary
- Board Dynamics and Operations
- Board Evaluations
Governance Benchmarking by Company Type
- 2015-2016 Public Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Family Business Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Investor-Owned Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Employee-Owned Company Benchmarks
- 2015-2016 Nonprofit Company Benchmarks
- 2016-2017 Public Company Benchmarks
- 2016-2017 Director Compensation Benchmarks
- 2016-2017 Private Company Benchmarks
This NACD blog post provides insights on global governance trends and summarizes a discussion among Fortune 500 compensation committee chairs on developments in executive compensation this proxy season.
This NACD Advisory Council meeting provides guidance from Fortune 500 committee chairs on developing risk appetite to align with company strategy and inform incentive plans.
As companies collect more customer and employee data, NACD’s latest FAQ assists boards in understanding key regulatory developments around data privacy and providing oversight for data privacy programs.
This blog discusses leading practices and key considerations for boards and compensation committees related to the impact of the new revenue recognition standard. The impact of the new standard will vary widely for different industries.
The executive chair role is defined in this memo as a temporary position fulfilled by the former combined CEO/chair who has relinquished the CEO title while remaining board chair and onboarding an incoming CEO. Read NACD’s latest Director FAQ to learn about alternative usages of the term, the prevalence of the role, and how to create an executive chair role description.