2019 Governance Outlook: Projections on Emerging Board Matters
In brief: The 2019 Governance Outlook: Projections on Emerging Board Matters is NACD’s second publication in this annual report series, providing corporate directors and senior executives with a comprehensive, forward-looking overview of major business and governance issues that are likely to require board focus over the coming year. The report includes insights and projections from four partners—Baker Tilly, Ceres, Deloitte, and Spencer Stuart—on the following themes: business risks, climate change, board refreshment and composition, regulatory updates, and mergers and acquisitions.
Boards can use this resource to assist them in taking the following steps:
- Highlight critical business risks that may impact company strategy.
- Evaluate boardroom practices around composition, succession, and recruitment.
- Encourage scenario-planning exercises to mitigate uncertainty.
- Implement specific strategies to effectively prepare for potential deal-making activity.
- Discuss the material impact of climate change on their business or industry.
- Anticipate and prepare for possible changes in the regulatory landscape.
Most relevant audiences: board chairs, CEOs, lead independent directors, committee chairs, strategy committees, nominating and governance committee members, audit committees, and risk committee members