Is Capitalism Changing?
NACD is observing a profound evolution in capitalism—due to growing shareowner activism, governmental involvement, and regulatory oversight. Coupled with a rapidly changing global environment, these shifts will make the role of the director even more challenging over the next decade.
NACD Directorship 2020®
NACD Directorship 2020 is a multi-year initiative designed to help directors and boards identify and prepare for emerging issues and opportunities that will impact boardrooms in the future.
NACD Directorship 2020 focuses on the broad, external disruptors that will transform the way we live and work, create new business models, and drive strategic change for companies.
We look at these disruptive forces through the lens of the corporate director; exploring how directors can draw on the components of effective board leadership to help their management teams anticipate and respond to these opportunities.
Watch Highlights from the NACD Directorship 2020 Symposiums
▲ 2020 Insights
- When Good Ideas Clash—Strategy for a More Engaged Board
- Scott Steinberg on Sustainable Innovation
- Sustainability and Innovation: What Directors Need to Know
- Paul Taylor on Changing Demographics
- Leveraging Social and Demographic Trends
- Douglas Rediker on Economic Trends
- UBS Head of U.S. Country Risk on Geopolitical Risk
- History Favors the Best Prepared
- DuPont CSO on Environmental and Sustainability Risks