NACD Compensation Committee Chair Advisory Council and the Advisory Council on Risk Oversight: Incentives and Risk Taking
|Publication Date:||March 3, 2017|
AVAILABLE TO ALL
In brief: NACD recently convened Fortune 500 committee chairs in a joint meeting of the Compensation Committee Chair Advisory Council and the Advisory Council on Risk Oversight. Meeting participants discussed leading practices related to incentives and risk taking.
This resource can help your board to
- review whether your board has an appropriate balance of metrics.
- calibrate goals and upside opportunity appropriately.
- consider the quality of performance.
- determine how robust the controls on data are that is used as inputs to the compensation plan.
- collaborate on the committee level about developing and monitoring incentive plans.
- actively exercise discretion.
Most relevant audiences: risk committee members, compensation committee members, and audit committee members