NACD Nominating and Governance Committee Chair Advisory Council: Changing Committee Structures in Response to Evolving Board Needs
|Publication Date:||June 27, 2016|
AVAILABLE TO ALL
At a recent meeting of the NACD Nominating and Governance Committee Chair Advisory Council, Fortune 500 directors discussed how board committee structure evolves and adapts to the changing business environment. The discussion covered the following topics:
- Reevaluating and adapting, if necessary, the scope and structure of board committees to respond to changing governance needs.
- Maintaining a clear allocation of oversight responsibilities.
- Considering the impact on information flow across the board when modifying board-committee remits.
This resource can help your board:
- Consider how other boards expand the scope of an existing committee.
- Understand why other boards create—and/or sunset—a new committee.
Most relevant audiences: Nominating and governance committee members