Thought leadership for experienced lead directors, board and committee chairs
Experienced lead directors, board chairs, and committee chairs will gain real-world and real-time insights into board leadership effectiveness in today’s dynamic business environment.
NACD’s most advanced Board Leadership Fellowship® foundation course offers an unparalleled forum for candid, peer-to-peer discussion, exclusive fireside chats with prominent CEOs, interactive simulations, and thought-provoking analysis of rapidly emerging disruptions. Pressure test your board’s strategies and create "next practices" to lead your board through periods of rapid change and opportunity for innovation.
Locations and Dates
- Austin, TX | June 14-15, 2018 | Register ►
- Newport Coast, CA | August 20-21, 2018 | Register ►
- Naples, FL | December 6-7, 2018 | Register ►
Exclusive to NACD members, this course will benefit board leaders and public company directors possessing a high level of boardroom acumen and is designed to help them keep up with the next topics, outside pressures, and disruptive forces affecting business strategy and long-term value creation.
- Make a strong statement to shareholders about your dedication to exemplary board leadership and begin your path toward NACD Board Leadership Fellowship—The Gold Standard Director Credential®.
- Master the board’s core responsibilities and critical competencies established in the NACD Director Education Framework—the standard for director education.
- Learn how to stay vigilant about disruptive forces in today's dynamic, fast-paced, and turbulent environment.
- Get the latest tools, metrics, and strategies to create a strategic-asset board and optimize boardroom efficiency.
- Assimilate techniques that encourage respectful dissent and a free flow of ideas in the boardroom.
- Discover how you can leverage increasing shareowner activism, rapidly evolving technology, and the changing global environment for long-term sustainability.
- Evaluate emerging risks and learn how to prioritize each in the context of your corporate strategy so that your board calendar and processes align for effective risk oversight.
To view the full agendas, visit the desired location detail page above.
"NACD's Master Class is the best of the board-training programs I have attended, including programs at Harvard and the Boardroom/NYSE. Its content was extremely relevant, and the speakers were outstanding."
- Dan Phelan, director, TE Connectivity Ltd.; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
"Every year, the Master Class from NACD reinvigorates my board leadership strategies.”
- Virginia Gambale, director, JetBlue, First Derivatives, and the Dundee Corp.; managing partner, Azimuth Partners; former CIO, Merrill Lynch; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
"I can take what I learn straight back to the boardroom—and use it while it still matters.”
- John Butler, director, Anadarko Petroleum Corp.
"Outstanding! I walked away with numerous ideas that will help improve our board. The interchange of ideas among attendees was very helpful.”
- Mark Emkes, director, CLARCOR Inc., Corrections Corp. of America, First Horizon National Corp., and Greif Inc.; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
"A thought-provoking look at key areas board leaders need to focus on now and for years to come. I have come away with dozens of ideas to implement at the board level. Great job!”
- Kenny Ogilvie, director, Association for Corporate Growth, Baboodles LLC, Conscientia LLC, EHS Support, and the National Association for Environmental Management; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
"NACD Master Class has been an excellent source of information and perspective from top board members from leading American and global companies.”
- Jack Pfeffer, director, Holloman Corp., Air Tractor Inc.; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
"An excellent program at an advanced level on boardroom themes, dynamics, and current critical issues. First-rate speakers.”
- Laureen DeBuono, director, Cradle Holdings Inc. and Turtle Beach Holdings;NACD Board Leadership Fellow
NACD Board Leadership Fellowship®: Foundation Course
CPE credits: up to 12
The National Association of Corporate Directors is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.