Training for current and aspiring lead directors, board and committee chairs
Current and aspiring lead directors, board and/or committee chairs will gain real-world and real-time insights into board leadership effectiveness in today’s dynamic business environment.
NACD’s highly interactive Board Leadership Fellowship® foundation course equips experienced directors with practical proficiencies needed to address today's critical board leadership challenges and with specialized training to lead their board and committees with confidence.
Locations and Dates
- Miami, FL | December 4-5, 2017 | Register ►
- Austin, TX | June 11-12, 2018 | Register ►
- Naples, FL | December 3-4, 2018 | Register ►
Exclusive to NACD members, this course will benefit experienced directors looking to expand their board leadership proficiency and preparing for their next lead director, board and/or committee chair roles.
- Make a strong statement to shareholders about your dedication to exemplary board leadership and begin your path toward NACD Board Leadership Fellowship—The Gold Standard Director Credential®.
- Apply insights into the board’s core responsibilities and critical competencies established in the NACD Director Education Framework—the standard for director education.
- Sharpen your committee and board leadership skills through lead director and key-committee (audit, compensation, and nominating and governance) training directly from seasoned chairs.
- Gain practical tools to establish a dynamic boardroom culture and improve communication and performance across the board and committees.
- Learn how to make the most of your time with your fellow directors as the list of director responsibilities and committee requirements continues to grow.
- Prepare for emerging disruptions, including cyber risk and shareholder activism, through interactive simulations and case studies.
- Review a step-by-step process for successful M&A transactions from directors who have navigated the path to a thriving new company.
- Explore why boards should reassess their role in strategy, including a framework for board engagement in strategic activities and processes.
To view full agendas, visit the desired location detail page above.
"A great program, most helpful for those who are looking to expand their board portfolio. Wonderful forum to learn from more experienced directors."
- Andrew Chmar, executive director, Hudson Highlands Land Trust, Highlands Coalition, and the Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
"Over the years, I have attended numerous conferences and training forums in a variety of capacities (participant, speaker, and organizer)—without a doubt, the Advanced Director Professionalism course was one of the best I have ever attended. The speakers were knowledgeable and passionate about sharing their experience, the organization of the event was impeccable, and the networking invaluable.”
- Sari Greene, director, Bangor Savings Bank; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
“I was happy to be able to bring our entire board to experience best practices for boards. The conference was extremely insightful and left us with extremely valuable and thought-provoking next steps.”
- Lawrence Siff, CEO, Neptune Advisors LLC; director, Kayem Foods Inc., Museum of Science, Asia America Chamber of Commerce, Brimmer, and the May School; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
"Excellent, practical insights delivered in a highly engaging way.”
- Hazel McNeilage, managing director, Europe, Middle East, and Asia, for Northern Trust Asset Management
"Very comprehensive overview of current issues challenging boards today."
- William Albrecht, director, American Petroleum Institute, Rowan Cos. PLC, California Resources Corporation, and the Halliburton Co.; NACD Governance Fellow, NACD Board Leadership Fellow
"A great networking atmosphere wherein I was able to speak with a number of other directors on multiple occasions to really establish a relationship. The intimate setting was also a catalyst for extremely interactive presentations in which the audience were very active participants and the sessions quite lively."
- Todd Weintraub, director, Atlantic Aviation and International-Matex Tank Terminals; NACD Board Leadership Fellow
NACD Board Leadership Fellowship®: Foundation Course
CPE credits: up to 13
The National Association of Corporate Directors is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.