Cyber Resiliency: The Board's Role in Cybersecurity Examinations
November 14, 2017 | Chicago, IL
Please join NACD and Baker Tilly for a board-level discussion on Cyber Resiliency: The Board’s Role in Cybersecurity Examinations. Organizations are increasingly expected to effectively manage and prevent cybersecurity threats. Ensure that you, as a director, are prepared to lead your board through the often challenging responsibility of assessing and understanding cybersecurity regulations, risks, and strategies.
While the agenda topics will be heavily influenced by the attending directors, discussion topics will touch on all aspects of how a System & Organization Controls (SOC) for Cybersecurity examination can assist the board in cybersecurity oversight:
- Explore the coming regulatory realities of cybersecurity reporting and assurance.
- Evaluate the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ SOC for Cybersecurity reporting framework from different perspectives.
- Assess the benefits, challenges, and ultimate impacts of the framework and its requirements.
- Understand the critical role of board oversight during a cybersecurity examination.
- Consider cybersecurity and technology expertise and its role on the board.
- Get the most out of an examination so that internal and external stakeholders’ trust and confidence in the organization’s cybersecurity processes and controls is enhanced.
This event is designed specifically for those directors who sit on public company boards. Request your invitation today. Space is limited.
11:30 a.m.–12:00 p.m. – Registration, Networking, and Light Lunch
12:00 p.m. –12:15 p.m. – Program Welcome and Introductions
12:15 p.m.–2:15 p.m. – Roundtable Discussion
2:15 p.m.–2:30 p.m. – Lightning Round and Roundtable Summations
2:30 p.m.–Program Adjourns
Managing Partner - Growth and Specialization, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP, CPA, CITP, CGMA
[Click to view bio]
Raina Rose Tagle
Firm Leader - Risk, Internal Audit, and Cybersecurity Practice, Baker Tilly Virchow Krause LLP
[Click to view bio]
NACD Fellowship® Credits: 3 Collaborative
This program offers Fellowship Credits for NACD members working toward attaining or maintaining NACD Fellowship—The Gold Standard Director Credential®.
Register by phone: 202-572-2088
Register by e-mail: Registration@NACDonline.org