Why Attend This Unique Program?
NACD’s From the Battlefield to the Boardroom Board Development Program helps prepare you for boardroom service. Aspiring directors will learn the ins and outs of the directorship profession and will be better equipped to position their military service to attract attention from executive recruiters and board directors. Existing directors will enhance their knowledge of corporate governance through connections with leading boardroom professionals.
Learn from fellow retired military flag and general officers-turned-boardroom leaders, leading directors and governance professionals in a small, personal setting, ideal for fostering connections with peers and mentors. Existing board members looking to extend their level of service benefit from industry leading programming and the exclusive opportunity to connect with governance professionals.
Benefits of Attending
- Receive five-star programming led by directors and governance professionals with years of hands-on experience
- Access mentorship and networking opportunities with experienced flag and general officers-turned-board members
- Make connections with leading governance professionals to help you advance your director career and deepen your boardroom knowledge
- Receive complimentary access to NACD’s How to Become a Director self-paced, distance-learning course
- Participate in a conference call with NACD’s President & CEO Peter Gleason, one to two weeks prior to the program – providing the opportunity to review and ask any questions regarding How to Become a Director and the upcoming program
- Receive complimentary access to select NACD member benefits for one year including ongoing education, resources and networking opportunities to help you stay ahead of the curve. Benefits also include access to:
- NACD Directors Daily – our member exclusive daily e-newsletter covering relevant business and governance news
- NACD Directorship – our member exclusive bimonthly magazine providing insights, knowledge and boardroom intelligence
- NACD Directors Registry® — NACD’s exclusive resource to companies looking for unique director candidates
- NACD webinars spanning audit, compensation and relevant boardroom topics
- Enjoy a world-class experience delivered at a fraction of the cost as our way of saying thank you for your service
As the leading provider of director education for those serving on public and private company boards, coupled with 40 years of primary research and the guidance and expertise of our esteemed military advisory council, NACD is uniquely positioned to execute this important board development program for recently retired and soon-to-retire military flag and general officers. NACD wants to help make qualified flag and general officers into rising board members.
|Henry Hugh Shelton|
Chairman of the Board, Red Hat, Director, L-3 Communications, General, U.S. Army (Ret.) – Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff
Director, Office Depot, Weight Watchers International, North Highland Company, Rear Admiral, U.S. Navy (Ret.) – Superintendent, U.S. Naval Postgraduate School
|► Click here to view the full Steering Committee.|
|► Click here to view the full agenda.|