WASHINGTON,DC (July 11, 2017) -- The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD), the advocate for the profession of directorship, today announced the corporate directors and senior executives who earned the CERT Certificate in Cybersecurity Oversight during the second quarter of 2017.
The graduates of the course earned this unique credential by completing the NACD Cyber-Risk Oversight Program, the world’s first-ever online cyber-risk course for corporate leaders. The robust, multimodule program improves corporate directors’ understanding of cybersecurity risks, details the respective responsibilities of the board and C-suite executives in cyber-risk oversight, and engages participants in a cyber-crisis simulation. The course culminates in a comprehensive exam.
“Now, more than ever, it is of paramount importance that those of us who bear the responsibility for corporate oversight are properly equipped to ask the right questions related to cybersecurity,” said Peter Gleason, NACD president and CEO. “This credential is a tangible testament to these leaders’ commitment to advanced cyberliteracy.”
Corporate leaders who earned the CERT Certificate in Cybersecurity Oversight during the second quarter of 2017 include the following corporate directors and senior executives:
- Byron S. Bagby, Major General U.S. Army (Ret.); Director, Management Support Technology and Chair, Ryan Consulting Group
- David Barnes, Senior Advisor, Bridge Growth Partners; Director, Hertz Global Holdings and Solace Systems
- Stacey Barrack, Senior Director of Public Policy and Programs, Internet Security Alliance
- Maureen Breakiron-Evans, CEO, Strategic Forge; Director, Ally Financial, Cognizant Technology Solutions, and Cubic
- Gregory Brown, Executive Vice-President, General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer, Breitburn Management; Director, Pacific Coast Energy
- Maryann Bruce, President, Turnberry Advisory Group; Director, MBIA; Trustee, PNC Funds & PNC Advantage Funds
- Larry Clinton, President, Internet Security Alliance
- Joseph Cooney, VP, Global Internal Audit, Juniper Networks; Director, Acton Conservation Trust
- Rick Crandall, Managing Partner, Aspen Venture; Director, Diebold Nixdorf, Donnelley Financial Solutions, Pelstar, and WP Engine
- Teresa DeLuca, Director, Surgery Partners
- John Dorman, Director, CoreLogic
- Mel Flanigan, EVP Finance and CFO, SensArray; Director, DTS
- Jerry Garcia, CISO, Cardtronics
- Maryann Goebel, Director, Seacoast Banking Corp. of Florida
- Linda Goodspeed, Retired CIO, Nissan, ServiceMaster; Director, American Electric Power, Autozone, Darling Ingredients
- Elder Granger, President and CEO, THE 5Ps; Director, Express-Scripts Holdings, Defense Logistics Health Holdings
- Roger Heinen, Consultant; Director, Monotype Imaging Holdings
- Charles Herman, CEO, Charles Herman Consulting; Director, Automatic Handling International
- Luis Hernandez, CEO, MassMutual Miami; Director, Apollo Bank
- Renee Hornbaker, EVP and CFO, Stream Energy; Director, Eastman Chemical, Freeman Company
- Lynette Horrell, Pittsburgh Office Managing Partner, EY
- William Jeffrey, President & CEO, SRI International; Director, TE Connectivity
- Melody Jones, CAO, CEB; Director, Virtus Investment Partners
- Mary Landry, Director, USAA
- William LaPerch, Executive Chairman, Hylan Services; Director, Digital Realty Trust, Windstream Holdings
- Larry Laque, EVP Global Real Estate, Discovery Communications; Director, Windstream Holdings
- Shelley Leibowitz, President, SL Advisory; Director, E*TRADE Financial
- Melendy Lovett, Senior Vice President, Trinity Industries; Director, AVID Center, High Tech High Heels
- Sean Lowder, Chief Information Security Officer, BCBSLA
- Wendy Luscombe, Trustee, Acadia Realty
- Carla Mashinski, CFO, Cameron LNG; Director, Unit Corp.
- Michael McGowan, Managing Partner, DCM Limited; Director, Federal Home Loan Bank Des Moines, IKS Software
- Brandi Morandi, Chief Legal Officer, Equinix
- Robert Otto, Director, Black Hills Corp.
- Pamela Packard, Chair, Financial Planning Standards Board
- Michael Papay, Vice President and Chief Information Security Officer, Northrop Grumman
- David Perera, Assistant Vice President, Internet Security Alliance
- Joseph Rigby, Retired Chairman, President & CEO, Pepco Holdings; Director, Dominion Resources, South Jersey Industries
- Helen Sinclair, Special Advisor, Deloitte; Director, EPCOR Utilities
- Scott Snyder, SVP, Managing Director & Chief Technology & Innovation Officer, Safeguard Scientifics; Director, Fulton Financial
- Bob Stallman, President, Oak Canyon Ventures LLC; Director, Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research
- Larry Taylor, Chair, The Creighton Group; Director, iClair, LA84 Sports Institute, Space Lok, Cranbrook Horizons Upward Bound
- Mark Trembacki, Principal, Risk Management Levers; Director, Chicago History Museum, DuPage Children's Museum
- Alan Turovlin, Al Turovlin Consulting
- Theodore Wiessing, VP IT Operational Services and Chief Security and Privacy Officer, TDS
- John Williams, Director, Associated Banc-Corp
- Jennifer Wolfe, CEO, Dot Brand 360; Director, Domain Diction, Pub Group Investments
- Darrell Zavitz, Principal, RockGlenRoad LLC; Director, Eventastic, Hemingway Pointe HOA, Ohio State Centre for Resilience, Oakbridge #2
The course was developed in partnership with Ridge Global and the CERT Division of the Software Engineering Institute at Carnegie Mellon University, which issues the certificate. Participants earn 24 Continuing Professional Education credits. In addition, NACD members who complete the course earn 22 NACD Fellowship® skill credits.
“Whether a director has a background in technology or not, regulators and shareholders are holding board members to higher standards of accountability when it comes to cyber oversight,” said Gov. Tom Ridge, chair of Ridge Global and America’s first secretary of homeland security. “The NACD Cyber-Risk Oversight Program with the CERT Certificate will help board members gain confidence on cyber-risk issues while providing a tangible credential demonstrating their commitment to their fiduciary responsibilities.”
Visit www.NACDonline.org/CyberCertificate to learn more about the NACD Cyber-Risk Oversight Program.
The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) empowers more than 17,000 directors to lead with confidence in the boardroom. As the recognized authority on leading boardroom practices, NACD helps boards strengthen investor trust and public confidence by ensuring that today’s directors are well prepared for tomorrow’s challenges. World-class boards join NACD to elevate performance, gain foresight, and instill confidence. Fostering collaboration among directors, investors, and corporate governance stakeholders, NACD has been setting the standard for responsible board leadership for 40 years. To learn more about NACD, visit www.NACDonline.org. To become an NACD member, please contact us at Join@NACDonline.org or 202-572-2089. If you are already a member, contact your NACD Membership Advisor at MembershipAdvisor@NACDonline.org to ensure that you are receiving the best value from your membership.